What we know
We have decades of experience working on the web—we remember when bandwidth was measured in baud. Over that time, we’ve picked up a whole range of different skills and keep ourselves up-to-date with best practices in design & development.
Rather than being narrowly scoped, we have a range of skills and experience allowing us to approach projects with a holistic understanding of how everything fits together. We can smoothly shepherd your project through all phases of implementation—from research to design, development to deployment: Octopus Think does it.
Some may think that makes us masters of none, but we don’t believe that (and neither do our clients!)
Strategy & training
Accessibility and inclusion are fundamental to good design. Everything we make begins with an inclusive design process and is built to accessible standards. We can also help with audits, compliance, and testing.
Because you need more than just a Facebook page. Django, WordPress, Gatsby, React, Rails—we've been doing this a long time, so we know how to design & build gorgeous websites that are fast, accessible, and mobile-optimised. Oh, and they'll be SEO optimised and privacy-aware to boot.
Need a web app or a native mobile app? We love building apps that delight users and solve real problems. Whether it's a React Native app or a full-stack solution, you can rest assured that you'll end up with an app that's stable, performant, easy to use, and delightful.
Design isn't just about making it pretty—it's about how it works. We approach problems from a user-centric perspective, ensuring every interaction is intuitive and pleasant. From user research to usability testing and all the journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes in between, we've got you covered.
Once you've got everything usable, you may want to make it pretty after all. Graphic design is about using visual media to communicate a message. Whatever you need—design systems, branding, visualisations, web design—we ensure your message is communicated clearly and effectively.
How we work
Every project is different, so we don’t adhere to a rigid process. Our process follows an adaptable framework that responds to the unique needs of your project.
We’ve spent the last decade working remotely with small and large organisations so we’re great communicators and we know how to manage work across divergent time zones. We’re also available to work on-site if the project calls for it, to do staff training, or for short periods during a longer project. Here’s what you can expect of working with us:
- Frequent status updates. Communication is what makes or breaks a project.
- Clear milestones, ownership, and deliverables. Setting expectations up-front and having clear lines of delivery makes for a smoother, more pleasant experience.
- Friendly, open, and transparent communication. It’s easier to be straightforward about concerns, delays, improvements, or suggestions. When we each respect one another’s time, we can get more done.
- Zero bullshit. We don’t believe in busywork, complex hierarchies of middle-management, or needless meetings. Instead, we’re going to focus on getting things done and getting them done well.
- Agility and pragmatism. We aren’t dogmatic about things, and we don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. Instead, we’ll work with you to determine the technologies, tools, and process that best fits your needs.
- A stress-free launch day. We know launching a product is a big deal. We’ll be on call for you all day, taking care of anything unexpected that comes up. That way, all you need to do is sit back and watch the compliments come rolling in.
Several years later, Sarah’s design work is still opening doors for me professionally. The quality of the website designed by Triggers and Sparks has definitely helped me get work I likely wouldn’t have had access to otherwise. Everyone who sees my website has something great to say about it!Jenni Campbell · Founder, Wordsmith Communications
Work with us
If you’re ready to discuss your project with us, drop us a line for a no-strings-attached estimate.
Just in the planning stages? Reach out anyway! We can help you plan, focus, research, and give you unbiased feedback about your idea. We once talked a client out of a lucrative contract because it wasn’t the best fit for their needs. Rest assured we have no interest in up-selling you.Contact us to discuss your project